Colleen Houck

“One heartbeat passed and then another, and the moment felt hot and frozen at the same time. Then he smiled, and it was sunshine and heat and unspoken promises wrapped in a single expression.” Tiger's Promise

Colleen's blog

• Secret Project Revealed!

February 28, 2014

I know I’ve been teasing you guys with this for a while but I am finally able to make an announcement that I hope you will be as excited about as I am.

You all know I’ve been working on an as yet untitled Egyptian themed book for my new publisher Random House and that it isn’t set to publish until the fall of 2015. That’s a long time for you all to wait for new material from me, so last fall I talked with my agent Alex (you can all send him gift baskets later) about the possibility of getting something out in the interim. He proposed the idea of doing a novella set in the world of Tiger’s Curse. After thinking about it for a while, we came up with the idea of telling a story I know you’ve all been dying to get your hands on. Therefore, without further ado, I give you…

TIGER’S PROMISE

a prequel novella in the Tiger’s Curse series

coming

June 1st 2014!

Before the curse, there was a promise. A prequel to the bestselling Tiger’s Curse series, this much anticipated novella recalls the beginning of Ren and Kishan’s story. Before Kelsey there was a girl, raised by a villain, whose love for a hero changed the course of history.

Trapped under the thumb of her abusive and powerful father Lokesh, Yesubai struggles to keep her own magical abilities secret while evading his dark powers. When Lokesh promises Yesubai to the prince of a neighboring kingdom, she becomes the central pawn in his plot to destroy the ruling family and take power for himself. Yesubai is trapped by her father’s threats and desperate to protect the man she comes to love, but she knows that any decision she makes will have dire consequences. As dark forces gather around her, Yesubai must decide if she’s willing to reveal that somewhere deep within her she has the power to change everything.

_______________________________

I’m so excited about this book I can’t even tell you. I think you’ll all love it and it will give you an entirely new perspective on Yesubai’s story.

We are planning lots of fun events and giveaways in anticipation of the release including a blog tour, a cover reveal (Cliff Neilson, the artist who did my other covers, is hard at work on it right now), a Q & A video, and even a few very special hard copies that will be given out to some lucky fans. Stay tuned to my blog, Facebook page, and Twitter for exciting news and information as we get ready to launch this new novella.

Pre-order pages will be available soon on Amazon, Kobo, and iBooks.

To get ready for the Q & A video, I’d love it if some of you could leave a comment here with whatever burning questions about the novella you might have. I’ll try to answer as many of them as I can on the upcoming video.

This entry was posted in Tiger's Promise.

60 Responses to Secret Project Revealed!

1. Jenna DeTrapani says:

This thrills me like you would not believe, Colleen! My questions:

Is the story is Tiger’s Promise the story you planned to tell after you finished writing the last words of Tiger’s Destiny?

How long do you anticipate the novella being?

Will it be in Yesubai’s perspective only? Or will it be dual perspective?

Will we see more about the events in the even more distant past? 😉

2. Brooke G. says:

Omigods. Omigodsomigodsomigods. OH, MY GODS! *Squealing* Is this where we get to meet young, mortal Ren and Kishan? Wayyyyyyy! I’M SO EXCITED, I CAN’T EVEN BOTHER TO PUT AN EXCLAMATION MARK.

3. Amanda says:

Will the novella tell us more about the brothers upbringing as well as Yesubai’s? I am dying to know more about the history concerning the amulet. Who made it, when and for what purpose? What did it do before it was broken? Why was it broken? So many questions Colleen. I need this and Tiger’s dream. Gimme Gimme! 🙂

4. Angel says:

This is amazing!!!!!!!! I was wondering what happened to Yesubai and if there will be a story about her life. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I can’t wait to read it

5. Jade Shaw says:

This is awesome. What a great project for us fans that will give us a wonderful insight into the lives of the characters that will make the Tigers Curse world so much more rich and vivid. Thank you!! Can’t wait to get my hands on it (:

6. Melinda says:

I read this and called my mom! We are both SO excited! We read the books over and over again! Now mom is listening to them, she just got them all on CD for her birthday from her “Tiger” my dad!

7. Dakota Stapleton says:

YAY! Another amazing book! I have read the series over and over, I am so happy to add another book to my collection. But i’m still wondering about Tigers Dream…

8. Tiger says:

This is freaking awesome! BTW, your webpage is way rad. Tiger’s Promise better be out of this world!! And, if previous novels are any indication, I know it will be!

9. Alicia says:

Hate to say it but I am slightly disappointed. I never really liked or cared for the chick so I don’t find it as exciting as if you were doing a sequal to tigers curse… Ah well I will still buy it either way. :l

10. Candelaria says:

What made you decide to give Yesubai magical gifts and how will it come into play with the curse? Now that I’ve asked my question I am going to go freak out with my friends about this because we all love your books. Thank you so much for not making us wait too long for a book from you. YAY!!! 🙂

11. Ialy Cintra says:

Wow, big surprise!
      I’m so happy Colleen, this is amazing <3
      More Ren and Kishan, i can't wait *-*

Thank you so much.

12. Jen H. says:

AAAAAAAAH YEAH!! Super excited, Colleen! Ok, here are my questions:

1. Is this story something you’ve had in mind since the beginning and you’re just now having the opportunity to write it down, or did you have to make some stuff up from scratch in preparation for this novella?

2. I know you were working on the novella and your Egyptian book at the same time. Is it difficult flopping back and forth between projects? Do you ever find it difficult to dive back into the mind of one character from one story after being in the mind of another from another story?

3. Each book cover in this series is absolutely gorgeous. I’m really excited to hear that the artist who did the other books is doing this one too. Have you guys had the opportunity to discuss what color the book is going to be? So far we have blue, red, purple, and green.

13. Abby says:

I am so excited for the new book and can’t wait! Here’s a question that isn’t about the book: ever thought about adoption?

14. Regina Owen says:

Awesome news June needs to get here fast. Can’t wait for this and the next book in the Tiger’s Curse series. Colleen Houke You Rock and have quickly become my favorite Author. Keep up the good work!!!!!! Love your books!

15. Lizceth says:

OMG!!! I’m super excited for Tigers Promise!!! It is going to be very interesting to see the side of Yuesbi story. I’m going to mark my calendar for June 1st 2014!!! I do have some questions though

1. So is Tigers Promise going to be just about the past and not about the future?
      2. What about Tigers Dreams? Is that book ever going to come out or was that just rumors?
      3. Is there going to be a book that talks about the future of Kelesy and Ren?

Like I said in the beginni , I am so excited for this new book that is coming out!! Mrs. Houck, thank you SO much for writing another book. Thank you! 🙂

16. Sarah says:

I am so excited! Now this is a completely serious question ~ Will there ever be a giant poster of your book covers/characters/something I can get my hands on and put all over my walls? All your book covers so far have stunning artwork and I would LOVE something like this to go with my giant stuffed white tiger. And if you wanted to sign it, that would be cool too. You know. 😉

• josh says:

ya im thinking the same way about the characters. Will Ren and Keshain be in a stuffed animal tiger form because if u where to sell them like that i would probaly buy them

17. Narayani says:

I’ve been waiting a lot of months for the final of the tiger’s destiny!! pleaase tell me that this new book is the end!!

18. giovana says:

Hi Colleen! I’m so excited to read Tiger’s Promise, and it’s coming out in my birthday’s (and Kelsey’s) month! I’m so so so excited! And I have a question for you: The book is going to be from Yesubai perspective, right? So we will probably see young Kishan falling in love with her. My question is… Are we going to see Ren again? Please? I miss him so much!

19. Suzanna Carolina says:

That’s cool! Always wanted to know more of the history of Yesubai. Thank you for your gift to us Tiger’s Fighters! I wonder if the book will have many pages as others in the series? It is narrated by Yesubai? And now there is the cover illustration ready?

20. Mara Stew says:

OMG I’m so excited, I didn’t expect to have something more about the tiger’s universe (besides tiger’s dream) yayyyyyyyyyy
      So, here is my question:
      We will know better Deschen and Rajaram? (who knows we may even have a chance to see Rajaram saying Hridaya Patni-OK I CAN NOT BREATHE)
      And do we get to see more of Mr. Kadam? (with his wife who knows?)
      Last one: there will be more of one POV?

21. ROBERTA says:

THE BEST NEWS OF MY DAY!
      – ANOTHER WONDERFUL BOOK
      – WITH WONDERFUL COVER
      – HISTORY AND WONDERFUL!

CONGRATULATIONS. BRAZIL LOVES YOU ♥

• Varnika says:

I’m pretty sure you pronounce it like:
        Yes-ooh-bye (more emphasis on the ‘bye’ but not too much either)
        😀

22. Gabi Iramina says:

Oh my God, I’m super excited for it, will be released in e-book or physical book will also? Countries have an idea of ​​when it will be released? As Brazil? I love your books Colleen and I will be eagerly waiting for this.

23. Emily says:

Oh my goodness!!! This is amazing! I literally squealed like a little girl when I read this! Colleen, you are AMAZING!!! Will this book be in multiple character’s point’s of view? Like maybe in Kishan’s too? I’d love to read about his story with his first love; before Kells 🙂 Or will it just be in Yesubai’s? You’re amazing, Colleen! 😀

24. Ciara O'Connell says:

SO UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED!!! I’ve been re-reading the seires for the 5th or 6thtime, and I cannot WAIT to hear Yesubai’s side of the story! I feel like people hate on her because of Lokesh, so it’ll be nice to hear from her!! THANK YOU COLLEEN!!! <3

25. Varnika says:

OH, MY GOD!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Okay, my questions:
      Are you still planning on writing Tiger’s Dream?
      When can we get an excerpt from ANY of your books?
      Will there be any new characters introduced?
      Do we find out more about the boys’ parents, the king and queen?
      Will Yesubai’s character be as sassy as Kelsey’s?
      Do you have any idea what the cover will be like?
      Will with the cover be released?
      When will the book be available to buy in Australia?
      Thank you! xx

26. Varnika says:

Oh, and do Yesubai’s magical abilities have something to do with Lokesh having parts of the amulet, back then?)

27. Carol says:

WOW

Are you still planning on writing Tiger’s Dream? Pleaseee, say yessss!!!!

And I’m figruring out something: is Yesubai, Kelsye’s ancestor?

28. Meli Martin says:

I am so excited for this! I remember learning about the tiger’s past in bit’s and pieces and only finding out a little about Yesubai’s in Tiger’s Destiny but I can’t wait!!!!

I did want to ask though. Is the story going to be from all three of they’re childhoods up to Yesubai’s death?

29. Kaitie Cooper says:

I can’t wait! This is so exciting:) I’ve been waiting for so long for something new to come out!! Also can’t wait for the Movie and Tigers Dream!

So, will this only be from Yesubai’s perspective?

30. Music off the Mountain Tops says:

I am so ridiculously excited for this novella that it’s almost insane. I cannot wait! My one question, however, is this: will we be able to buy “Tiger’s Promise” in bookstores, as a physical copy?
      Thank-you so much for writing another book! You are amazingly creative, and a truly fabulous writer. We all shall wait with bated breath until June!

31. Alejandra says:

THIS MADE MY DAY!! *happy dance* I am very curious to learn more about the story before Kelsey.
      My questions…
      1.) How are Ren and Kishan’s characters different in this novella than Tiger’s Curse?

2.) Are we going to be able to meet their family?

3.) Will some of the stories that Kishan, Ren, and Mr. Kadam told Kelsey occur in the novella?

32. Nizete - Brazil says:

Hello dear Collie, okay with you?
      I call Nizete,’m Brazileira and I watched the news about a parallel to “The Curse of the Tiger” book.
      I need to know what is real or fake.
      What book should we expect “The Dream of the Tiger” or “Tiger’s Promise” What book will you actually give us?

Loved know that we know the history of Yesubai, had her rage during my reading of the saga. However, I believe it is her turn to present his defense in this new book.

And one more question, is it right for the film “The Curse of the Tiger” or is it just rumor?

Congratulations, I love Ren, Kishan and Kelsey

33. dnisin says:

Colleen OMG, this is the best news that you could have given us, seriously. I wonder how many pages the book and will be narrated only by Yesubai or by princes too.

Kisses from Brazil!

Denise.

34. Brittany Piwarski says:

THANK YOU!!!!! I can not wait for the movie and Tiger’s Dream also Tiger’s Promise. I screamed when I found out. When will the cover be released? Is Ren going to be in it alot?

35. stephanie says:

I am such a huge fan! I bought the first book because it sounded good and then I couldn’t wait for the rest to come out. I even got my family hooked on it and I cant wait to tell them about this! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
      so I have one or two questions.
      1. will this be in print with the others in the future or is this a special kindle only edition?
      2. will you be releasing any information on the new series you are working on?

36. Arianna says:

Thank you so much! You have always been my favorite author but when you finished Tiger’s Destiny I was convinced that it was all over! When I read this I squealed, so thank you so much! You just made my day.

1) Will Kelsey be in the novella?

2) Will the story center around Yesubai and Kishan, or will Ren also be in the novella?

3) What about Phet and Durga?

Again thank you so much!

37. Renata Mileski says:

Eu estou muito feliz! Eu não vejo a hora de ler este livro, moro no Brasil e sou apaixonada pelos tigres.

Obrigada pela linda história. Parabéns Colleen.

=)